Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good bye to 2009...

I can't say that it was a great year, and I know that it could have definitely been worse. I still have my family and my health. We have a roof over our heads and hubby and I have jobs...which is more than a lot of people might be able to say.

We have our friends who have been our constant support. Every year we build our roots here we meet more and more people that really become more than just acquaintances. We are blessed.

This past year has been very emotional and painful from the start...and as I am seeing...til the end. We made the very difficult choice to sell our house (at a major loss) and move into a rental. The stress of dealing with our lenders (and a crooked lawyer to whom we lost thousands of $$) for over 18 months is gone. Alleluia!! Now we need to work to get the rest of our lives together to move forward and make more positive changes in our lives!! Last year I learned how to say NO and not be the volunteer junkie I was...I enjoyed every minute of not having my time stretched to the limits and I enjoyed being able to be a parent to my kids. In 2010 hubby and I will work together to get back on our feet so that in the future we can become homeowners again! It is so awesome to think that it is a possibility especially after the year that has passed.

Personally...I am going to try desperately to leave some very emotional scars behind. Over the last few months things have come up that caused me great grief as a teenager. Daily, I feel like I have to tackle these demons that keep haunting me. Each day that passes I think to myself that's one day down. Sometimes it seems like it gets easier, while other days I feel like I can hardly breathe. My husband and my kids keep me going and remind me of this great life and family I have now...all as a result of how I grew up. Everything happens for a reason and I have to remember that. My goal is just to take one day at a time and to remember to breathe. I can't deny the past but I cannot let it consume my life. Here's to looking forward with my hubby, my kids and my friends...Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment