Thursday, February 5, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog...

That is the question...isn't it? For many years I have enjoyed lurking around different blogs. I enjoyed reading about the happenings in other people's lives or just getting insight about the world around them. Seeing the world through someone else's eyes was always interesting to me. Who knows if anyone else will find me as interesting as I find them...I don't know why but that is what has kept me from blogging myself. Self doubt, or the thought that someone might not like what I have to say...'stuff' like that that I know I just need to get over.

In the past week, I've let go of something that has been part of my life for the last 3 years. It was a huge part of my life, even bigger that I thought, because of the friends that I made and because now that I look at my calendar, in essence, with two words (I quit) my calendar cleared and all of these dates that were blacked out before are now wide open. Now just to clarify...I quit weren't specifically the two words I used. I felt the need to go into huge detail and I wanted to be sure to acknowledge all of the people that touched our lives. It wasn't an easy decision, but it was a necessary one...for my sanity, for my family...for myself.

So...now to fill up those empty time slots in my calendar...I felt like I wanted to do something for myself. This is something I have always wanted to do. There is always some emotional release of putting what I am thinking or what I am feeling into words. I've always wondered what it would be like to immerse myself into a world of unknown...and little by little freeing these little pieces of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment